Sunday, August 21, 2016

Last 10 days



Unfortunately I am at the end of my beautiful experience. I have arrived in Arad five months ago but seem that it was one week ago. Yes, in the EVS the time run and sometimes too much!


When I have applied for the voluntary work I was just graduate. After that I felt the need to go out of my usual and safety life, to know new reality, languages, person and culture, to feel helpful for the society.

When my organization has given me the positive answer for come here I was really excited, I thought “finally I leave”! They send me more information about the project. I liked it! When you have only information on paper and you are not in place for sure your mind start to daydream. For me it was the same. I began to think about the place, my life, the work, etc…. The only my real worry was the English. I was scare to can not communicate with the other people, than little by little I have started to speak and understand.

I have arrived in Arad and after two days my prejudice about this beautiful country went away. One problem that you have to take on when you go in an other country is the prejudice built by your mind, and about Romania in west Europe unfortunately we have too much of them! The best way for fight them is travel and open yourself to the local person.


Concern the work at the beginning my impression was a little negative, because the impact with the center was strong, but little by little working with the guys you start to love them. They give you a lot of love and satisfactions, for example when they say you “thank you the work of today was amazing” with a big smile and clapping.


EVS is not only work but it is also a opportunity to know other culture, this is possible spoke with volunteers that come from every part of the world. Besides during this experience you can use free days, spending them for travel and know better yourself and think about your future.

My advice is not lose this wonderful and unique experience for grow and know something more, join us!! 

Luigi      

No comments:

Post a Comment